2009年10月19日月曜日

Homework 2

1.Death and Funerals:

a. Do you have any international friends or a host family? If so, how would you express your condolences to them if a family member died? If not, then how would you express condolences to an American host family if their Grandmother died?
I have a international friend and a host family. Maybe, I will "I'm very sorry." But, I don't know what to say any more.

b. Have you ever been to a foreign funeral?
No, I haven't.

2. The language of Clothes (preparation for next weeks topic):

a.Why are Japanese designer label crazy? Why is what you wear so important?
I think Japanese designer label is not crazy, but I think we don't need to wear them.

b.What does “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover.” mean to you?
We can't know contents of books without read.

7 件のコメント:

  1. Hi!!
    I agree with.
    Japanese designer label is not crazy.
    Many Japanese people have Coach, Louis Vuiton and so on. But, I think this is one of the characteristic in Japan.

    返信削除
  2. To clover
    Theank you for the comment^^
    I think so too. But, Japanese are little showoff "Mieppari". ^^

    返信削除
  3. I have my host family too.
    If they family member died, I also i dont know what can i say to them...

    返信削除
  4. このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。

    返信削除
  5. Hello,ringo-mikan.
    I have my host family too.
    When their family died, I will say "I'm very sorry." many times...

    返信削除
  6. Hiiii,ringo-mikan!!
    I agree with you abput Q,1.
    I say "I am sorry..." But, it is different how to funeral, because we have different cultures.
    So, I don't know what to say any more, too.

    返信削除
  7. Hello.
    I think so, too.
    I will say " I'm sorry" when my host family die.

    返信削除